I have thirteen hours to solve the Labyrinth

Standard

Only one week left to finish our costumes, but it feels like thirteen hours. There’s still so much to do and so little time.

We need to finish the Hoggle mask, close the back on the  corset, finish the skirt, attach the sleeves to the dress, and glue jewels on the jacket.

Here are some photos of our finished work. We finished the brooch and the dress skirt. The corset just needs grommets and the sleeves and it’s officially done.

With one week left, I doubt I’ll get a lot of down time–or sleep. I can’t wait to share pictures of the finished project.

Time is Short: Such a Pity

Standard

I’m starting to worry we won’t get finished on time, but I always feel this way before a con. We got a lot done with week, and it’s all finally starting to come together.

For starters, I’m sorry I haven’t shared a lot of pictures of my sister’s dress. We just haven’t had time. It’s so pretty. We compared a lot of fabric before choosing the three we did. We really wanted to be authentic to the movie. After playing tv pause to get a good look at it, we were dismayed to find that the dress, down to the sleeves, is an iridescent, Barbie nightmare.

We did use iridescent organza; however, we toned it down with a lace and sparkly organza. You still see the multiple tones, but it makes it look more like an elegant ballgown instead of a Barbie birthday dress.

beads

The beads were hand stitched by my sister, using the same beads I used to make the necklace so it will all tie in. Needless to say, this was very time consuming.

Speaking of time consuming, I started glueing the jewels to my jacket. I also glued jewels to my  brooch.

 

We also got a lot of work done on the Hoggle mask. I’m hoping to have it ready to paint by the weekend.

hoggle mask

As always, let me know what you think. Hopefully next week I’ll have more pics of the dress.

Labyrinth Cosplay:Week Three Progress

Standard

This was a week of ALMOST. I almost finished my shiny Bowie shirt.

It looks finished, but I still need to sew the buttons in the back. I found some really pretty buttons from JoAnns but they didn’t have enough in stock, so I have to wait for more to come in. At least the sewing part is done. I’m really happy with the way the shirt turned out. I think my sewing level might have increased from beginner to intermediate. I still can’t master zippers, but there’s always an alternative to a zipper.

I almost finished Rylee’s Hoggle pants. I just have to sew the patches and a button on them.

Other than that, my sis bought the clay to make Hoggle’s accessories. She hasn’t been feeling well, so that is as far as she got.

We also looked at fabric again. Monday, I’m going to buy the fabric for the jacket.

My goal is to finish the pants Monday and start on the jacket and finally cut the pattern for Sarah’s dress. There’s still so much to get done. I just realized I need to make the brooch that he pins on his ruffled shirt. I saw one online, but the colors of the beads are wrong and it’s 50 dollars. I could probably make it for 10-20. So another thing to add to the to-do list.

Stay tuned for next week, when hopefully, I have some more photos to share.