Labyrinth Cosplay: Progress Update

Standard

I’ve honestly lost count of how many weeks I’ve been working on this project and how many there are left.

This week, I made a lot of trips to Jo-Ann’s. Not that I don’t usually, but this one required more. It seemed like every night I was missing something–something required to work on the next step.

For starters, Somehow this fabric hoarder ran out of interfacing. And I also had to buy shoulder pads–how 80’s. If I’d read the notions section of the pattern, I would have known this, but I tend to ignore this part until I’m ready for it.

Then the clear coat for my brooch didn’t work, so I had to go get more of that, and it’s very hard to find in a gloss.

I also messed up my cuffs and had to start from scratch, which meant cutting more fabric, more interfacing, and more lace.

I was worried the week was going to be full of setbacks, but then towards the end there was a complete turn around.

I almost finished my jacket. It is looking super awesome. I just need to attach the bottom and glue on the jewels. I also found one of those stands to put it on instead of a hanger. That will come in handy when I sew the dress.

My favorite part is the lace. I just love how it ads depth and tones down some of that blue. I can’t wait to ad the jewels, though I’m sure that will be a pain in the butt.

I can’t wait to be done. It’s been a total headache. I’ve had to stock up on ale, snacks, and binge watch Supernatural just to get through it.

The other  major accomplishment: my sister finally chose fabric for her dress. We cut out the patterns and I’m super excited to get started on this.

I also finished spraying the brooch and it’s ready for jewels.

Note: If you ever need a super silver shiny spray paint, Krylon metallic silver is great. My brooch and the keys look like real metal.

My goal this week is to finish the jacket, work on the Hoggle mask, and maybe, just maybe, start sewing the dress.