Time is short. Such a pity.
Last week was very successful considering I had a lot to do and some personal matters to take care of. I finished attaching the tailcoat of the jacket to the top. I also attached the lace. It just needs lace on the cuffs and jewels. Picture this: everywhere you see black lace will be covered in jewels.
I’ve bought enough jewels to put a dragon’s horde to shame. I didn’t want sew-ins because that would be too time consuming so I opted for glue ons.
BTW: Did you spot Hoggle in this picture. Hoggle loves shiny things.
For any of you wanting to embellish with jewels, choose a glue based on how you will wash your costume. I would like to dry clean it, so I had to order a dry clean only glue.
Speaking of Hoggle, we finally started the Hoggle mask. Sorry, no pictures. I haven’t gotten very far. I was really tired and depressed this week, all things considered, but I anticipate this week will be better.
We also cut out the patterns for my sister’s dress. Below is a picture of the kitty cats “helping.” We also did a dummy pattern out of a table cloth. If the table cloth looks that good, I can’t wait to see what it looks like with the satin.
Below are pictures of the fabric cut and stacked on top of each other. When it’s done, the bodice will be five layers: interfacing, lining, satin, lace, and iridescent organza. The skirt will be at least three layers with a hoop skirt underneath.
Well, I’ve got to get back to work if I’m ever going to solve this labyrinth–er finish this costume. Let me know what you think.