Today I updated my profile because I’m going to try to use Goodreads as a platform to promote my books as well as connect with readers and writers. From the research I’ve done so far, I found that Goodreads has different free features as well as other promotional tools, like advertising, to help authors get the word out. For more detailed information, please click here.
Aside from researching Goodreads via the official site and the infamous Google, I checked out what my fellow bloggers had to say. I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews, such as:
- It’s a great place to connect with other writers/readers
- It doesn’t help increase book sales
- It DOES increase book sales
- It’s a great site to promote specials and publicize events
- It doesn’t increase traffic to author sites or blogs
- It DOES increase traffic to author sites and blogs
- It’s a waste of time
To be honest, whenever I see reviews split down the middle like that, I do what anyone would do in the name of science: see for myself. From now on, I’m going to be a more active Goodreads member. I’d like to take this opportunity to connect with all of you there. In the comment section below, or via email (which can be found on my contacts page), please leave your name. Or feel free to send me a friend request on Goodreads.